Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Six Flags Great Adventure/Philadelphia

This past weekend we traveled with Mike and Emily to Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. I hate roller coasters, so I am still confused as to how I agreed so easily to this trip. But, I am glad I did, because I ended up liking most of them and had a really good time! We paid extra for the flash pass that lets you make reservations for the rides and bypass pretty much all of the line. I think the longest we waited was 10-15 minutes. Totally worth every penny if you ask us. We spent the whole day at the park and then headed to Philadephia for the night and drove home the next day. It was good use of a weekend with nothing going on and we got to see a city we had on our bucket list. But be warned, because you have to be careful what block you are dropped off on by your taxi or you will be very very scurred!



This was my favorite coaster, Nitro. We rode in the last car twice and I even put my hands in the air! Such a big girl!



Joe and I did this together and I was the one who had to pull the cord to release us which sent us hurtling to the earth from 120ft in the air. We handle scary things very differently.. I screamed bloody murder and Joe stayed absolutely silent until he began begging me to shut up for the love of God!




This was the one that pissed me off. I hate this thing. It's the fastest (0-128mph in 6 secs) and highest (456 ft) roller coaster in the world. It was torture. Absolute torture.

















































2 comments:

Holly said...

I was nervous just reading this post! Roller coasters scare me these days!! Looks like a ton of fun though! :-) Enjoy reading your blog!!

Holly said...

Now that I can finally comment, I couldn't in the past, I don't know why....I want to say how happy I am that you're an Edward fan! Woohoo!

Post a Comment