Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Butterfly Effect


You ever think about the series of events that lead you somewhere? Seemingly small decisions over time end up having bigger ramifications than anyone could have ever thought. Let me give an example relevant to today;

When I was 5 and barely had a brain, my parents signed me up to play soccer. Through soccer I met a lot of people, one of whom was Matt McCorkle. We became friends through the years and because of Matt, I met Jason Rodgers, his cousin. We all went to Salisbury University together and remained friends. Jason got a job after college at APL which is where he met his wife Amanda. When things at my job went sour, Jason and Amanda were able to help me find a job at Apl. In fact, I sit in an office with Amanda and through talking about normal life stuff, one day Amanda mentioned how they pretty much furnished their entire home through Su Casa. I mentioned this to Jamie and she signed up for Su Casa's email newsletter. One day she got an email from them about a blog contest, she entered, got selected, and here we are today with an amazing new couch (temporarily on loan from Su Casa :)). Its basically the Butterfly Effect with less nosebleeds. 

BUT, it gets better. Because of this contest, our close friends Mike and Emily took a trip to the Ellicott City Su Casa to check things out for themselves after all the raving we have been doing about the store.  And lo and behold they’ve also fallen in love. In fact, they just recently purchased a new table set and hutch from Su Casa this past weekend. They also got 2 clocks and a decorative pin board which I will get pics of the next time I am over there to visit. See?? We aren't the only ones that are crazy about Su Casa!

Now, I know technically this contest is about our couch, not about Mike and Emily's new table and hutch. But we are sharing this with you for a few reasons...

1. We aren't nutballs. Su Casa is a really cool store and we think all of our friends should check it out.
2. We are supposed to blog about our life with the sofa. Mike and Emily are a huge part of our lives and they went to the store based on what they read and experienced with our new sofa.
3. They have had a really nice sectional sofa for a few years and now we can sit them just as comfortably in our home as they have always been able to do for us!

Here is what they chose for their new kitchen redo...


I am loving the distressed look and cute table settings. I expect the table to look like this the next time we come over for dinner:)

This color will go well with dark wood floors, which I think is their next home project. 






Here is the hutch that matches the table.  Great for extra storage in the kitchen and you can decorate the top for holidays!

Just as a sidenote to all of our wonderful, dedicated blog readers... our blog has been viewed over 1,000 times in the last 11 days. You guys are the best!!! We appreciate your time and all of your comments!

12 comments:

Holly said...

Ok, I really need to make a trip there again soon! I remember my jaw dropping and saying "pretty please" to everything there!

John W said...

If we lived in the States I have no doubt whatsoever that we would visit Su Casa, probably on a REGULAR basis.

Amanda said...

I love the table and hutch! It will look awesome in Mike and Emily's kitchen.

Becca said...

Hey Joe and Jamie,

Love the blog! I am in need of a couch, too. I wish there was a Su Casa in Boston!

Cheers,
Becca

Papa Jim said...

Love the rustic look that Mike and Emily picked out! It reminds me a little of the first furniture set we owned!
Hey Mike and Emily .. when you are ready for the flooring project .. I have tools/will travel! It takes a community to build a home!

Papa Jim said...

Hey Becca!

Check out the SU Casa on-line store at http://sucasa-furniture.com/store/

You don't need to be near a Su Casa store .. they will come to you!

T. Demers said...

Looks good. can't wait to see the finished product. Be sure to keep Mark away from the new table.

Anonymous said...

Love the table & hutch Emily & Mike...we need a hutch at our house too.
maybe we will be able to match one to the table we have...Kate & I are going to have to go on a field trip to Su Casa
thanks for ALL the great tips on this blog...we LOVE it.

Emily said...

Thanks everyone from Mike and Emily! Only a few more weeks before the floors are in and Su Casa was nice enough to keep the table and hutch in storage until we were ready for it! We can't wait to put the new set in our kitchen. Only a few weeks before we can call for our free delivery!

And thanks Grandpa Jim! We will at least take you up on your offer for some tools.

Mike said...

Yeah, we're very excited! Thanks for introducing us to Su Casa guys. That place has helped make both our houses way cooler than they were just a few short weeks ago! And thanks Grandpa Jim, we appreciate all the help we can get!

Anonymous said...

nice love it!!

Sheila said...

Don't need a new table yet, but seeing the lovely one Emily and Mike have chosen, I'm getting very tempted!

Post a Comment