Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Blogging is Such Sweet Sorrow


A big part of our ability to generate traffic in this Su Casa blog contest was of course Facebook. When you're able to say in a quick statement what you're trying to do and also provide an immediate link to your blog, people (lazy as we are), will gladly exert the 1/2 ounce of energy to right click. So from time to time, Jamie and I would kindly remind everyone what we were doing and we tried to do so in a humorous manner. I rather enjoyed parodying some famous pop culture references for my Facebook reminders. Below are my favorites;

Bill Pulman addressing the Nation in "Independence Day"
(Actually waiting until today to post this one concurrent with this blog post). Good morning. Good morning. In less than a day, bloggers from here will join others from around the state, and you will be launching the largest blog contest in the history of Baltimore. Baltimore, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest in Su Casa. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 29th of June, and you will once again be fighting for our furniture. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from other bloggers. We're fighting for our right to win, to blog, and should we win the contest, the 29th of June will no longer be known as nothing, but as the day when Baltimore declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to blog, we're going to win.' Today we celebrate the end of the ‘Test It, Blog it, Win it Contest!’
 ____________

The Rifleman's Creed
This is my blog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My blog is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My blog, without me, is useless. Without my blog, I am useless. I must type my blog true. I must blog faster than my competition who is trying to beat me. I must blog them before they blog me. I will… My blog and myself know that what counts in this contest is not the words we type, the comments we get, nor the views we generate. We know it is the blogs that count. We will blog… My blog is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its options, its accessories, its homepage, and its backlinks. I will keep my blog clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become a part of each other. We will… Before God I swear this creed. My blog and myself are the defenders of this couch. We are the masters of our competition. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until victory is the Iskow’s and there is no competition, but couch.
 ____________

Old Spice Commercial
Hello, friends, look at your couch, now back to mine, now back at your couch, now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn’t mine, but if you stopped shopping at big retail stores and switched to Su Casa, you could be like us. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on the couch with us that you wished you owned. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s the remote and we’re watching your favoriteshow in unbelievable comfort. Look again, the remote is now an iPhone and you’ve got the President on the line. Anything is possible when you shop at Su Casa and not the other guy. I’m on a dog.
 ____________

Andy DuFrane's letter to Red in "The Shawshank Redemption"
Dear Friend, if you're reading this, you've got some time. And if you've come this far, maybe you're willing to read a little further. You remember the name of the store, don't you? (Su Casa) We could use a good friend to help us win our couch this month. I'll keep an eye out for you and the seat cushion ready. Remember, Friend, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever loses. I will be hoping that this status finds you, and finds you well. Your friends, Joe & Jamie.
 ____________

Direct TV "Don't Have a Grandson with a Dog Collar" Commercial
ATTENTION: Jamie and I are in a contest to win a couch. If you could go to our blog www.joeandjamieiskow.blogspot.com and leave comments, and click on the provided Su Casa links just to check out the store, that will help us win. And if we win, that means you can sit comfortably when you come to visit us. And when you’re comfortable, you’re relaxed. And when you’re relaxed, you have a clear mind. And when you have a clear mind, you have million dollar ideas. And when you have million dollar ideas, you become a millionaire. Help us win our couch so you can become a millionaire.
 ____________

And if you didn't like any of our blogs this month, Livy has one thing to say....


8 comments:

T. Demers said...

Su Casa should hire you guys as commercial writers. I haven't been able to compare your blog to the others involved since I didn't want to give them any views but I have to imagine yours is the most creative. Good luck guys, you deserve it.

John W said...

Add this famous quote from Friends but this time the Su Casa couch is talking to the Iskow family:

"You make me happier than I ever thought I could be and if you let me I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way"

Given the sheer quality of the Su Casa couch this will be for many, many years.

Su Casa - your Brand plus the quality of your products and service have been spread far and wide by the Iskow family.

Like Su Casa's products, the Iskows have produced quality and imagination in their blogs and they thoroughly deserve to keep the couch.

Amanda said...

I agree with Troy. You guys have to win! Good luck!

Papa Jim said...

Well done Jamie and Joe! You have so clearly detailed your Su Casa experience throughout your daily Blog. Those experiences were not only insightful and entertaining they also communicated the essential message; Su Casa has a commitment to providing a quality product, unparalleled customer service, timely and thoughtful delivery and ongoing relationship with their customer.

As Su Casa sits reviewing the entries, as they evaluate the creativity and well thought out documentation of the Su Casa experience, they will clearly see the little extra details and efforts you put into spreading the word.

Those small extra efforts brought variables and tangents into the decision process that should not be ignored! If we consider "Rock, Paper, Scissors" as the time honored method typically used to make such a difficult decision, we begin to see (as did Sheldon) that this simple formula does not account for all variables and tangents. that we must in fact embrace a new decision making model.

I would suggest the model developed by Sheldon (Big Bang Theory):

"Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock"

Scissors cuts paper
Paper covers rock
Rock crushes lizard
Lizard poisons Spock
Spock smashes scissors
Scissors decapitates lizard
Lizard eats paper
Paper disproves Spock
Spock vaporizes rock
... and as it has always been
Rock crushes scissors

Mike said...

Very inspiring. Makes me want to take another trip to Su Casa. Our table gets delivered in a week! We hope we can have you guys over to toast your new couch while sitting at our new table! Thanks again for introducing us to Su Casa!

Sheila said...

Jamie and Jo, your blogs have been so creative and imaginative, and it's clear to see from the comments that the name, Su Casa, has been spread far and wide. Not only that, but some of your family and friends have already paid them a visit, and bought things for their home. Those who have not yet, will most certainly remember this store when it's time to look for something classic and classy for the home.
Su Casa, Jamie and Jo have gone the extra mile to win this couch! How can they not succeed? Do you really want to deprive that gorgeous baby of a fabulous place to snuggle up? Go on.....give them the couch, and you will have made one family very happy!

Katherine said...

Okay, I think this one might have been one of my favorite posts...just because I haven't seen the fb statuses (is that even right?!?!?!)... I love the commercial-parodies!

KHEATLEY1 said...

I hope you not only get a couch but a free lance job out of this too;)

Post a Comment