We posted this back in March, but I am reposting it today to make sure it counts towards the contest now that it is June.....
One of Baltimore's up and coming premiere home furnishing magazines, "Couch Potato Digest" contacted us regarding our recent business endeavor with Su Casa. We agreed to an interview and the following is a inside peek at the exciting tell all that will be featured on the front page of the May issue.*
CPD: "So, you have been selected to compete in Su Casa's "Test It. Blog It. Win It" contest. That must be very exciting for you"
Jamie: "Oh definitely. We really really needed a new couch. The cat and dog have taken over our current couch and now we have to sit on the floor. But we did recently get new floors so it's not as bad as you think. And I don't have to sweep anymore since all the dustballs just stick to our butts now."
Joe: "This couch has been truly a great couch for many years, but look at it; the arms are shredded, it's covered in pet hair, two legs are missing, we shrunk the cushions trying to clean it so now there are huge gaps in the seats. WE CONSTANTLY LOSE REMOTES!!!" (At this, Joe angrily rose to his feet, pumping his fists to the heavens)
CPD: "You visited the store for the first time last weekend. What was your first impression?"
Joe: "Not to sound corny, but it felt very warm and relaxed. The cold weather may have had something to do with that, but it was a pleasant first impression. We've been to our fair share of furniture stores and most of the time they're like big, labyrinth warehouses. It's the ole quantity over quality debate. Places like Ikea satisfy our need for instant gratification, but for me when I purchase a real piece of furniture, I prefer a real store like Su Casa if given the chance".
Jamie: "I wanted to buy everything. Seriously! I had only experienced Su Casa online and while it gives you an idea of the basic things they offer, I had no idea how many different home items they sell. They had a section for every part of your home... kitchen, bath, nursery, living and dining rooms. As I walked around the store I quickly realized how all this time I have spent decorating my home over the last four years has been a total waste of time. I might as well have been living in a four bedroom dumpster. They have the cutest stuff and it's so unique which is my favorite part. And it all needs to be in my home. Now."
CPD: "Well you must have needed some assistance with picking out your new couch. How was the customer service?"
Joe: "Jamie and I are both easy going and to be honest, we can be suckers for a salesman. No one likes feeling pressure and I can say with certainty there was zero pressure for us to pick anything or make decisions. It was the right balance between being there for questions, but in the peripheral enough that you didn't feel like you were someone's next paycheck. Plus, I got my way on the fabric and there are very few wins for me as it pertains to decorating the house. I can only attribute that to Su Casa"
Jamie: "They served us champagne and strawberries upon arrival. And they babysat Olivia for a couple of hours while we shopped and went out to lunch. Ok, that didn't really happen, but I have the feeling if I had asked them to, they would have. We actually visited both the Fells Point and Ellicott City locations. At Fells Point, Jenni came right up to us and asked what she could do to help us. She got us started on the process of picking out the couch and pillow fabrics. I am not lying when I tell you there were probably over a 100 options to pick from. We knew we wanted to go with the "Smart Wear" fabrics with a baby and pets at home. Jenni said that she owned a couch with the Smart Wear fabric and if something spills it beads up and is easily wiped away. We picked out our top 3 choices and since the particular couch we wanted wasn't on display at Fells Point, we jumped in the car and went 20 minutes down the road to Ellicott City.
In that store, they massaged our feet and did our taxes. Jessica greeted us and had our fabric choices pulled and sitting on the couch ready for us to see. I was very impressed that Jenni had contacted Jessica while we were en route and we didn't have to waste any time getting started once we got there. We picked out a medium gray color for the couch and then it was time to pick matching pillow fabric. And again.... I couldn't believe how many choices they had! I liked being able to touch the fabric and get an idea of the texture. And you could pull them out and place them next to the couch color to see how they went together. They also had a computer program where they bring up your couch with the color you have picked and then can insert any of the pillow fabrics so you can see what the final product will look like."
CPD: "Who would win in a footrace between Jenni and Jessica? Assume there is a tailwind."
Joe: "I can neither confirm or deny much about Jessica's personal life because we didn't get into that. However, I know that Jenni has kids and pets meaning she is constantly chasing something. No disrespect to Jess but I'd gonna have to take Jenni here tailwind or not."
Jamie: "I don't think there would be a winner because the race would never get started. I think they would get distracted and start comparing fabric options at the start line. The tailwind would blow away the swatches and they would have to spend the next 2 days collecting them.
CPD: "Our readers will want to know why your final choice was the Townsend Sectional. What made it the right sofa for your family?"
Joe: "My cousins' last name is Townsend. That was the deciding factor for me, familiarity. "
Jamie: "It sounded the most fancy. And if you know me and my house, I stand for nothing less than the fanciest of fancy things. Also, our friends both have sectionals and we have seen how much they enjoy them. The Townsend sectional will fit perfectly in our family room. We also were able to pick out the configuration of the couch. We opted for two 3-seaters with a chaise lounge seat at one end. That's where I plan on lounging in my fancy pajama wear.
CPD: "If you could only choose one position to relax on your new couch, what would it be?
Joe:"Please, this is such a softball question. For months, nay, years I have been dreaming of one position alone. On the full size part of the couch, I will lie with my head at the furthest end of the couch, feet towards the TV in relaxation bliss. I've never been a big fan of lying on my side and watching TV, probably because of my glasses. And if you sit up with your feet on the coffee table, that darn cat sits on your lap. And then after a couple minutes your legs go numb. Inevitably the dog starts barking and you jump up to stop her from waking the baby, fall to the floor, and sprain your wrist. Happens all the time."
Jamie: "Lying at 45 degree angle with two pillows behind my head and one pillow beneath my knees. I would need a light fleece blanket, soft yellow lighting and a copy of Couch Potato Digest. Throw in a glass of wine and you are looking at one relaxxxed lady."
CPD: "Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer these questions for our devoted readers. We hope you will meet with us again over the next few months to discuss more details of your experience with your new sectional and give us some further insight to what makes Su Casa such a great place for home furnishings. "
Joe:"Truly the pleasure was all ours, we'll be happy to answer any future questions you have about our experiences. My sole request would be that you wear pants next time, but this isn't a deal breaker."
Jamie: "You are welcome. But I wish we had waited till the couch arrived to do this interview. My butt hurts from sitting on the floor this long. And yes, we will be available for future interviews. Have your couch potato people contact our people!"
* *This entire paragraph is completely manufactured and bears no truth whatsoever.
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
Just been watching the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Celebrations on the BBC. Would only have been bettered if watching whilst relaxing on that superb looking Su Casa Couch. John W ( UK ).
I was just watching the news coverage of the Jubilee! Hope you had a good trip home and say hello to the girls to us! Enjoy the Jubilee festivities! So good to see you as always! xoxo
Jamie - you are hysterical! Su Casa it is, we need a new couch, I'm sick of these damn slipcovers!
Does Su Casa deliver to Arizona ?
You guys are making me want a Su Casa couch!
Why are couches like turkeys? Both of them are stuffed!
Your Su Casa couch looks so comfy!!
Hmmmm, is there a Su Casa in Pennsylvania? Your interview comments make me want to check the place out.
We can vouch that Jessica is super friendly and helpful. We were at Su Casa's Ellicott City location this past weekend and she was great to work with and helped us buy an awesome table and hutch!
Okay...I am getting totally jealous that we don't have a Su Casa in Nashville. And I really, really want a bigger couch (along with a bigger room to fit it in!)....
As a confirmed anti-royalist I am considering leaving the UK and emigrating to the republic of the US of A, where I believe you can dump your head of state every 4 years instead of waiting 60 years ........and counting!!
Imagine my horror though at discovering trash publications like the Couch Potato Digest. My immigration plans are now on hold - how can you people live in a country that puts up with such biased reporting. freedom of the press and all that - amendment 77 or whatever (no need for me to be an expert in your constitution just yet) but all that drivel about couches and SU CASA - don't you people speak ENGLISH anymore!!!! I don't care if your sectionalized Townsend looks wonderful, feels luxurious and has repellant qualities to stains, cat claws, dog hairs, baby fluids and even remotes - the Couch Potato digest does not have a single recipe for potatoes ( sorry Dan - couldn't resist that cheap shot ) Not boiled, not chipped, not steamed, not stoved, not fried (french or otherwise) not gratinated, not dauphinoise, not flavoured (not a spelling error) not mashed, not creamed, not pured not no sign of any darned potato anywhere. No wonder Su Casa has no branches in Idaho - If we had more potatoes ( is it too late me to run for Republican VP?) on more American sofas the world would be a safer place.
So get yourselves off to SUE's CHIP HOUSE buy a large variety of ther produce - or better still persuade her to lend you several pounds of chips for a month and see how your fancy Su Casa Sectional Townsend copes with that.
Whether I come to America or not may well depend on the outcome of your test.
Brian, this experiment has been ongoing for decades, haven't you heard of McDonald's? Here in the States there is a unique synergy between our waistlines and our couches. As such, publications like the Couch Potato Digest tend to focus primarily on meeting the needs of the, ahem, more rotund American you're seeing these days. With that in mind, outfits such as Su Casa have been forced to make sturdier, more durable furniture. I assure you our new sectional could bare the weight of a blue whale should the need arise. Please don't rule out coming to America, if just to follow the life of Snooki more closely. Enjoy your jubilee!
this is hysterical!
I can't wait to wake up and read this blog every morning...& visit the Su Casa website and see what else I might need to get...
Loved the blog. The website shows that Su Casa makes sofas to fit all shapes and sizes, so no problem there. Could do with one of their sofas to watch the new Scandinavian crime thrillers that are on just now. It would be so much more comfortable than our old one!
Very cute...Liked the part about the Townsend Sectional ;) Hope someday (sooner than later) I can try this couch out...haha and of course see you three :)
-Jonfer
I will make the trip, even if it's a hike!
hm...going to Su Casa website right now. Your comment about wanting to buy everything in the store sounds like it is my kind of place! Hope to make it into the actual store sometime soon!
Post a Comment