Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Actions Speak LOUDER than Words...



Throughout the process of this blog contest, I have noticed several small details about the way that Su Casa has treated us that say a lot about the kind of company they are. I have been making mental notes of these small things and wanted to share some of them.

1. When we had to travel from the Fells Point to Ellicott City location in the same day, the two stores were in contact as we were en route and the representative at the second location knew it was us when we walked in the door. She had all of our selections for fabrics pulled and they were ready and waiting for us to look at when we got there. She had printed out a copy of our couch with all the measurements and options.  And this was all BEFORE they knew we were bloggers. The whole process right until we went to pay at the register was anonymous. It was only then that we told them who we were. 

2. When the sectional arrived, two young guys were there to move it in for us.  They did a great job, but what really stood out to me is what I overheard. They had to set the cushions down on my floor while they connected the couch parts together. I heard the one say to the other..."make sure that area is clean before you set down that cushion". That really surprised me that they would care to look and make sure my floor was clean before they set any part of the couch on it! 

3. I received a phone call from a Su Casa representative calling to make sure that everything had gone smoothly with the delivery of the couch.  If I had any issues or concerns, I had a name and number to call directly. 

4. I got a THANK YOU note in the mail this week. That's right... Jessica, who helped us make the final choice on our couch sent me a hand written thank you note. I was shocked when I opened it. I can't believe they took the time to do that. 

Overall, I have felt very well taken care of by the people at Su Casa. Our entire experience shopping in the store and dealing with the salespeople was completely a real experience. They had no idea we were part of the blog contest. If they had a little comment card, I would give them a 10 out 10, 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, a happy face and a job well done. Thanks Su!

13 comments:

Big Bad Brian said...

Oh no! Not him again!!
My knowledge of Bush Snr's VP ability to spell potato is only surpassed by my ignorance of up-to-date US reality stars. Does your reference to Snooki suggest that an uploaded video of me being punched in the face would also go viral, or that there is a link with her 1st show focussing on dating obnoxious and arrogant men, or that she was arrested for the criminal annoyance of others?
Thought your blog on the extreme makeover was heart-warming. Good example of how "timing" can often be a crucial element. When you first moved to your new house a magnificent corner couch would have been "out of place" - now after all your hard work ( not to mention skill bravery and love and affection) you have tranformed your home to place that can do justice to a super Su Casa sofa. In fact it can now have "pride of place" I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.
Today's blog is inspirational. In these tough economic times when lots of retailers are struggling - to get that level of customer service from Su Casa suggests that they will survive the current economic storms and end up with a strong and loyal customer base.
PS Haven't seen too many photos of Olivia, but the ones in these blogs are gorgeous

John W said...

It's not always the pre-sales service that is important. Often it is the post sales service that leaves the lasting impression. Su Casa clearly win on both counts.

T. Demers said...

This is great to hear. Customer Service is really something that has been lost over several years. It is always refreshing when a store as terrific customer service. Great Job Su Casa, keep it up.

Amanda said...

Sounds like it was a really easy experience. So nice that Su Casa sent you a thank you note!

Erin said...

I'm just going to say it. No more Value City Furniture for me! Su Casa obviously cares about their customers and that is NOT something that I see anymore :( Thanks for sharing all of your thoughts Jamie, very enlightening.

Papa Jim said...

Relationships make a company successful! Su Casa builds a relationship with their customers ... who do you think the customer will think of first when it is time to make the next purchse?

KHEATLEY1 said...

Many company's have lost touch with that fact that customer service really does play a factor in whether a customer will RETURN for multiple purchases...it's so refreshing and encouraging to know that SuCasa has recognized this and embraced it to the max!

Mike said...

Emily and I totally second your praise for the Su Casa staff. We've been to the Ellicott City location three times now, and they've been great every time. They coordinated with the Fells Point location to get a piece of artwork sent down for us, and helped with logistics for a new table we bought (free delivery too, which is great!). Thank you guys for introducing us to Su Casa!

Anonymous said...

Susan said.....I love hearing about good customer service. I feel like its a lost art! I love recommending places that excel in customer service. I sat on the Su Casa couch today and it is AMAZING!!

Sheila said...

If a store sells quality goods AND gives excellent customer service, then that will always be the store I return to. You have to have confidence that if there is ever a problem that the store will give you the level of after care service you require. So well done to Su Casa.

Anonymous said...

Wow, impressive! Good customer service is hard to come by these days. The fact that they gave you a direct number to call is nice...the worse is when you have an issue and have to dial a 1800 number and go through the automatic operator! The hand written note tops it all off!

Katherine said...

It's so refreshing to hear stories about great customer service! So hard to instill that in most organizations today....

Becca said...

It seems like most furniture stores give you the hard sell or tell you to "help yourself to a hand truck". It's nice to know that some places still have good service!

Post a Comment