Random
Thoughts
I’ve had a
number of miscellaneous thoughts/comments/ramblings I wanted to share, but most
of them were too brief to be considered a blog. Well, at least by what I
consider to be a blog. With that in mind, I decided that if I compiled a series
of these random thoughts together, perhaps they would make one messy pile of a
blog, so let’s see how that works;
1. Sleeping
on the couch- one of our competitors recently live blogged from a night of
sleeping on his Su Casa couch and I tip my hat because it was a good idea. I
also kick myself for not thinking of that myself. You see, of the 21 nights we’ve
had the couch now, I have probably slept on it at least 10 nights. Why? I love sleeping on couches. I am one of
those people who prefer confined spaces when I sleep and the couch is perfect
for me. I like to turn the volume down way low and drift off in the glow of the
TV. My history of sleeping on couches dates way back to high school in fact. I
spent a good 2 years sleeping on the couch in our family rec room. If it turns
out that we have to give this couch back to Su Casa, there may be a noticeable
Joe-shaped hole on one part of the sectional.
2. Tim Couch-
Drafted #1 overall by the Browns in 1999, Tim Couch is widely considered to be
one of the worst draft picks in NFL history. I think his association with the
word “couch” has been unfavorable. The knock on him was always that he was too
soft for the NFL. Get it? Get it?!
3. Remember
when Tom Cruise went all banana pants on national TV? He was jumping all over
Oprah’s couch screaming about Love like a certified looney. I only ever get
that excited about soup. “Broccoli cheddar! I love broccoli cheddar!!!!”
4. Jeremy
Lin- This guy became the breakout sensation of the NBA this season before
getting hurt for the remainder of the season. And you know what ended up being
a big storyline? The fact that at the time he burst on the scene he was
sleeping on his brother’s couch. I never really understood why that was such a
big deal, it looked like a cozy couch to me (see #1).
5. The Simpsons
Couch- Again, not fact-checking, I think The Simpsons has become the longest
running show of any kind in broadcast history. And every show starts with the
family on the couch. All-American. Simple. Comfortable.
6. I’m a
dirtball- So seeing as the couch is technically on loan to us during this contest,
we’re doing our best to maintain the integrity of the couch. That is, we’ve
refrained from our normal Tuesday night gravy fights. So if we come in from the
pool or yard work and are a bit dirty, we’ll always put down a blanket or
something. If we’re commenting on things you learn from purchasing a piece of furniture,
then I learned that I’m kind of a dirtball. Let me rephrase, I maintain good
hygiene as is appropriate for work or public outings. But when I come home from
work apparently I immediately become Pigpen because I rarely sit on the couch
without a blanket. Sure, I’m being overly cautious, but dude, seriously, I am
always dirty when I am at home.
7. I do not
fit under the couch. I was on the floor the other night with Olivia and it was
the first time I looked at how much the couch was raised off the floor. I
thought, “hey, if I can fit under there I could probably scare Jamie pretty
good one night”. You’ll be happy to know I am not an idiot, I didn’t lead the
effort with my head. Rather I tried to slide my legs under to see whether I
could squeeze and it didn’t clear my thighs. On the bright side, I didn’t
become a Darwin Award recipient.
8. The other day I recalled how many different pieces of living room furniture we've rotated through in 8+ years of marriage. Including this sectional it's been TEN pieces of furniture. I don't need to tell you that it's more than one piece per year. We literally haven't been able to find anything we love until we got this Su Casa sectional. Isn't that ridiculous? My dad always says that if you're going to do something, you might as well do it right the first time. Well, I obviously never listened because we keep spinning our wheels in this department. I think for the first time with Su Casa, we're trying to do it right.







5 comments:
Geeze! This post sounded exactly like how my mind works! The only exception is; I was never crazy enough to let people know how my mind works!
This was too funny!
LOVED the creativity of this post JOE. The cartoons are very funny!
Your DAD is right you know, doing something well the first time usually saves us time and frustration.
I bought a flowerey couch when we moved into our current house..it only lasted 2 years before the kids had worn a hole in the arm. All I saw was a pretty couch. Your couch from Su Casa is well made and the fabric is attractive but will hold up over time...GREAT CHOICE!!!
Great blog Joe - loved the pictures! I guess we can all be a little impetuous, and make quick decisions which we later regret, but this decision to go to Su Casa won't be a regret. Quality will always outlast cheap alternatives, and still look new for years to come.
Your thoughts may be random Joe, but there was nothing random about your choice of the Su Casa couch!
love the random thoughts Joe!
Post a Comment