Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Deep Creek Wedding: Day Four (Wedding Day!)

The night before, Steph, Me, Mike and Emily headed home from the party at our friends house to head to bed somewhat early. We all went to our rooms and within 10 seconds, the fire alarm went off. I was in the bathroom and quickly came running out to the hallway to see what was going on... Steph did the same thing in her bra and pants, Mike came running from upstairs in his underwear and Emily quickly behind him. We were running around like lunatics trying to figure out where the fire was. Next thing I know, Mike has a fire extinguisher and is running around his red underwear, which was hilarious. Turns out there was no fire, we had turned on the heat for the first time and I guess it sent the alarm off!

Steph and I slept horribly that night. I was more nervous than the night before my own wedding! I kept thinking about giving my speech that had yet to be written, so I tossed and turned all night. Steph and I went to get our hair done, while everyone else started getting things ready for the night.

Steph did Emily's hair and I did her makeup. We were ready on time and had some drinks beforehand to settle our nerves. Everything went perfectly, the weather, the ceremony, the dancing, the afterparty. It was a great night and here are some pics!

Early morning fog over the lake.

This is the house where we stayed.

Getting hair done at Nola's Salon.


Pretty upscale for downtown West Virginia!

Getting the Bride ready.



View from Mike and Emily's balcony.


Giving our Maid of Honor speeches and song:) For those of you wondering what the lyrics are, you don't have to wait any longer....
What do Mike and Emily dream of
after they walk down the wedding aisle?
Do they dream of werewolves and vampires
or Emily Blunt eating a chocolate cake?
Well, don't you worry you newly wedded selves,
you're going to be in Spain and Greece in 2 weeks time,
and that's our only rhyme.
And then you'll come home as husband and wife
and then we're gonna give you a best friend hug.
Chemans, chemans, chemans, chemmy chemmy chemans
And if you get knocked up on your honeymoon night,
well, then you're sh*t out of luck!

Table centerpieces with names of all the houses Mike and Emily have stayed in at the lake.

First Dance.

Cutting the Cupcake!

Jillian and Molly can't wait to get their hands on a cupcake!





Joe, Kevin, Steph and I went to Alpine Lake the next day to unwind and watch football. I took some shots of the Iskows house, which they have done an amazing job decorating.






























0 comments:

Post a Comment