The ceremony and reception was at Ash-Lawn Highlands, the gardens and lawn at James Monroe's former home. Gorgeous landscaping and a perfect place for a fall outdoor wedding. We stayed at on campus hotel and took a complimentary shuttle to the wedding. So here's the cool story...
We got on the shuttle with 60+ other people and went a couple blocks when the bus stopped to let off a few people who realized they were on the wrong shuttle to the wrong wedding. This morning, I was listening to the radio and tuned into one of the stations I frequently listen to because I love talk radio... 106.5 with Jojo and Regan. Regan was telling essentially the same story I just told you about a wedding he attended in Charlottesville this weekend where people realized they were on the wrong bus and got off. I thought... what??! there is no way this is a coincidence. I would have called the station 1. had I known the number and 2. if it was 3 days ago and I didn't have to fear the cops pulling me over for talking on my hands only cell phone. So when I got to work I googled Regan to see what he looked to like and low and behold..... he was sitting directly across from me at dinner!! Weird that I tuned in at exactly the right time to hear him say that! So now I need to find out how the heck Kelly knows Regan!
Kelly was always the most creative of my friends in college. No offense to my other Belmont lovelies but you know you agree! So I was super excited to see what her wedding would entail and I was not dissapointed.....
Gift bags waiting for us at the hotel that matched the wedding invitations. Gifts included candy, gum, snacks, local homemade apple butter.

Riding the shuttle out to Ash-Lawn Highlands.
Flowers hanging off the end of the rows in cute mason jars with matching ribbons. I was most impressed with the heaping piles of yellow, pink, and purple flower petals lining the aisle.
Kelly and Steve exchanging vows. Look at her hip, "Sex and the City" hair accessory. C/o of Etsy as well as the bridesmaids jewelry.
View of the Huppah.
Placecard table.
Erin, Me, Amanda, and Kara.
Me and He.

Kelly had a digital photo album of her and Steve's childhood, teenage and college years and guests could sign next to the photos. This is a shot of our Belmont graduation day.

We hugged and cried for at least an hour after this photo. And then all of our parents started crying.
Me and He.
Kelly had a digital photo album of her and Steve's childhood, teenage and college years and guests could sign next to the photos. This is a shot of our Belmont graduation day.
We hugged and cried for at least an hour after this photo. And then all of our parents started crying.
Reception pavilion. Kelly and Steve choreographed their first dance to "Good Day Sunshine". It was unbelievably cute and Kelly kept pausing in these perfect photo opt moments. Whether it was a dip or a flirty little shoulder shrug with a funny face.

0 comments:
Post a Comment