Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Laundry Room Redo

The Laundry Room:

"Drop Your Drawers Here"

"Drop Your Drawers Today or Go Naked Tomorrow"

"Loads of Fun"

Since moving in almost 4 years ago I have painted every room in the house except the laundry room. Mainly because it is such a small space and I rarely spend more than 5 mins at a time in that room! And when I told Joe I was painting it today he pretty much summed it up by saying "what's the point?!" But, I love painting and redecorating rooms and if I had the means, I would spend all my free time shopping, creating, and decorating rooms in my house! So, I am really bad at taking "before" pics, but trust me when I say this was one sad little laundry room. Originally there was wallpaper that said "I love laundry rooms" in different colors that the previous owner painted one thin coat of white paint over. So you could still read through it. There are two sad grey shelves that are still there but at least they are freshly white now. And the grand total of this renovation was 0$!! I used paint I already had, decorations that were in the garage, flowers from my backyard, and handmade art with construction paper in the craft drawer. And the answer to the question "what is the point?" is that I am now a much happier person when I walk by the laundry room and it doesn't look like a small bomb shelter that Joe and I were creating to use in the event of chemical warfare. And maybe one day I will have pretty cabinets and purple appliances, but this will do for now. :)



I have no idea what made me spend 2 hours making this, but I cut out his and her clothing shapes and the one in the middle is supposed to be Cosby. Seemed like appropriate laundry room decor.

Curiousity killed the cat in the laundry basket.

This seems silly to be now that it's hanging up, but I drew and cut out the letters and the border
and threw a blue background in an old frame. But it's kind of hilarious because who makes signs that declare what room of the house it is??
"THE FAMILY ROOM. " "THE GARAGE." "THE MASTER BATHROOM."
But in case you get lost in my house you will know where you are!


I hesitate to show you the left side of the room.... but it seems unfair to not expose this side. My plan is to hang curtains that I have sitting in a spare closet from a tension rod and cover up all this crap. But there are some technical problems to be worked out before I can do that. All I need after that is a new light fixture and I am done!









4 comments:

Steph said...

"the laundry room" looks great! if we ever decide to play hide and seek again in the house, I will for sure know what room I am hiding in!

Jamie said...

exactly steph! you won't be scared and pee your pants a little bit either!

Holly said...

I love it! Wow, that makes me want to hang out in your laundry room, it's adorable! You're so good at that stuff. :-)

Holly said...

I must say I am sad I never saw the " I love laundry room" wallpaper, that's just hilarious.

Post a Comment