Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Buzzzz....

This morning I got a phone call at 5am. You'd think that would be nothing but bad news, but when it's a 443 area code number....it's usually great news! Work called me to see if I wanted to stay home today since it wasn't busy, so I said heck yes! I have learned from my past mistakes... the times that I have said no in hopes of saving my day off for a weekend or more opportune time, I get screwed big time. Whether its twins, a crash c/s, or a postpartum hemorrhage, it always happens when I have gotten the phone call and said "no". I think in my sleepy stupor I hesitated about what to do and then said "wait, I'm not supposed to say no"! And what definitely made me say no was the dream I had just had about a patient needing a major blood transfusion. So instead I made myself a busy a little worker bee at home today...



Here's what I accomplished between yesterday and today...
1. Couldn't get back to sleep after my phone call, so got up early and made Joe breakfast before work.
2. I have put off cleaning all the paint spatters all over the stairs and foyer. I was on my hands and knees cleaning before Joe even left for work.
3. Cleaned out the glasses cabinet in the kitchen. Had gotten totally out of control. Somehow cool barware always falls off the table into my big purse when we are out.
4. 4 Loads of laundry, folded and put away.
5. Vaccuumed the family room.
6. Cleaned the bathroom. Down and Up.
7. Cleaned the bedroom.
8. Went to Pier 1 for some potpourri and room spray to make the house smell less like dirty carpet cause know matter how many times I vaccuum, it's still ewwww.
9. Took Cosby to the vet.
10. Got Cosby a new water and food dish as a reward for being so good for her shot.
11. Listed 4 items on CL.
12. Worked out 2x.
13. Made two delicious dinners.
14. Made turkey chili for the rest of the week.
15. Watched 2 episodes of Big Love cause I am wayyy behind. But I don't think the final season is very good so far. Too much politics, not enough wifey drama.

So even though I wasn't at work, I worked really hard! But I got to do it all in my pjs. Which is the best! Hmm.. I guess technically my scrubs are just as comfy as pjs...




2 comments:

K. said...

Wow Jamie! You rock!!! Don't you just love productive days like that!?! Aw, and you made Joe breakfast, how sweet!

Holly said...

Impressive!!!

Post a Comment