We woke up and went to the dump. Yes, that's right, we had an early Saturday morning dump run to get rid of the TWO, yes TWO pickup truck loads of junk that we cleared out of the backyard last weekend. Not a single natural element was dumped. It was PVC pipes, old brick pavers, metal fencing etc that had cluttered the back woods. We knocked out a section of the back fence and hauled all the leaves and branches out to the shared community area street for pick up. Big thanks to Mike and Emily for helping us out both weekends. Made the workload less and definitely more fun!
After the dump trip, we took a random afternoon trip into DC. The official goal was to make it to Urban Outfitters in order for Mike to return some things. The unofficial goal was the nearby Biergarten for some delicious German pints of beer! The biergarten was definitely a cool place and we would love to visit again with more friends. There was a party of 30+ people lined up on their picnic tables having the time of their lives at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon! We had some brats and pretzels and cheese with spicy mustard which I apparently love now.
The biggest surprise of the day was getting a call from my Belmont friend, Erin who was in town scoping out places to live when she moves to DC in April. She was just curious if I ever made it to the city and blammo! There I was... in the city! So she hopped on a bus and met us for drinks and tapas at La Toscana. It was seriously the best of all things for me all wrapped into one moment... my Jojo, old friends, even older friends, beer, sangria, and food! Thanks for meeting me there Erin!!
After the day drinking trip to DC, we headed home to shower and get ready for the next gig. The Courtesy Line was playing at the Irish Channel from 10 till close, so we got our band-aid outfits on and went to support them. It was a great show and I wish they could have played longer, but they ran out of cover songs! Demanding, aggressive drunk girls insisted that they play one more song so we got to hear Teenage Dream as an encore. TCL probably hated that, but we loved it!
Then, TGFRSSIMPADL.
"Thank Goodness For Rainy Sundays Spent In My PJS All Day Long"
We watched 127 hours, which was super good. And then I was fast asleep by 8pm!! Hooray!
Looonnnng weekend which is just how I like it!!



2 comments:
Sounds like a good time! I definitely have to check out this Biergarden! Ha, Teenage Dream was awesome, and so was a rainy Sunday! I really want to see 127 Hours...is it out on Redbox yet?
Hmmm..not sure, but we caved and bought it On Demand
Post a Comment