Banana face, Monkey, Livy Lake, Bean, Goober Girl, Darlin', Sweet Cheeks, Baby Girl, Honey Bunny. Those are just some of the names we call you on a daily basis. I don't know why we even bothered spending all that time coming up with your name since we rarely use it the right way! You are 10 months old today. We have already started thinking about your 1st birthday party and what we want to do to celebrate you. I am excited about it, but dreading it all the same. A one year old is so much more grown up than a new born baby.
This month you are saying Dada with meaning! Mama comes out every once and awhile but it's Daddy's name you know for sure. And somehow you say it in a completely different voice. It's super high pitched and covered in sugary sweetness. "da- da"... like a little priness who knows how to wrap her big daddy around her little finger so she can have all the goodies she wants. You can give high fives now too, but it's Aunt Steph who taught you that trick and she is still your favorite high fiver. You like to dance when you hear music, but it's more like bobbing your head up and down or moving your little tushie back and forth.
You are so happy all of the time. It's really so amazing Olivia. I guess when your only concern is figuring out how to stuff 20 cheerios in your mouth at one time, life is pretty good!
You finally let me rock and sing you to sleep for naps and bedtime. If I don't have to work that night, I will hold you as long as I can and sometimes just take you with me into my bed so I can watch you sleep. We keep the door to your nursery closed because of the cat, so I feel like I miss out on watching you sleep at night. And if I am being honest, 95% of the time I fall asleep while rocking you. I probably fall asleep faster than you do!
Love, Mommy
0 comments:
Post a Comment