Dear Olivia,
You are 11 months old today. What a big girl you are now. Daddy weighed you the other night and you are tipping the scales at 21 pounds! This month you have become extremely attached to your stuffed monkey who we very creatively nicknamed "monkey". The verdict is still out on what his real name will be. I was reading you a book today that I read when I was little about two little naughty field mice and the momma mouse was named "Hunka Munka". I think Hunka Munka Monkey is a perfect fit. You are able to sit still to listen to one book but that's about it before you want to flip out of our laps and do a headfirst dive onto the floor. You actually seemed to understand me finally when I say "no-no" to eating the dog food. You crawled on over to the bowls, sat down, looked at me and shook your head back and forth! It was absolutely amazing to have actually communicated with you and we understood what the other was saying! A very small but triumphant accomplishment for us.
You started crawling headfirst into your toy bin. You tip your body over and just fall in, hoping you don't land on anything too hard. I admire your fiestiness. No need to wait for anyone to hand you that toy, you'll just take care of business on your own.
You are starting to show signs of being a "strong willed child". A kind name we give children who wish to defy their parents on a daily basis. But it really only comes out when you are tired of being strapped in car seats, strollers and carriers. Or during a diaper change. Or during PJ time. Or when you are done eating. Just kidding of course! You are an extremely happy baby and have been since the day we brought you home.
I love everything about you Olivia. Your baby breath smells as sweet can be after a long day and you've passed out in my arms after a story and song. I kiss your little pink lips over and over hoping one day you will lean over and kiss me back. The best part of my day is going in to get you in the morning or after a nap and I walk in to see a big smile, messy hair and crusty eyes.
You cut one of your front teeth this week, so I can't wait to see what you are going to look like once more teeth start coming in! I don't know if it's possible for you to get any cuter!
We love you so much and are ready to celebrate your first birthday in a few weeks! It's going to be a rainbow party! I am hoping it looks like a cute little girl rainbow theme rather than a coming out party. We'll see what happens:)
Love,
Mama and Dada
I decided it's funnier to post the outtakes when Joe and I are included in a picture with Olivia. I want her to see the real us one day and what we were like with her. If you haven't read this blogpost yet and you are a mom, you should...http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html
1 comments:
Love this! Can't wait to celebrate her first birthday!!
Post a Comment