Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

This month....

Can you believe it's almost the end of June already?? I guess that means it's been several weeks since I posted anything, but I am finding it hard to document our recent activities with NO CAMERA! I have always been the picture taker in the group and unfortunately that makes me the annoying one who is always yelling at you to turn and smile, and then tell you to smile better on the next one and try not to make that weird squinty face and can you please tilt your head up to avoid the chin rolls? So not having a camera for the last 2 months has totally sucked. Plus, this blog is a nice way to look back and see what was going on in our life. And according to the lack of pictures, we were very bored. But, here's whats been happening and sorry for the written update, but this is more for me to look back on than for you!

Pool: Opened up the pool the weekend we got back from Crunk. The backyard is good to go, the grass survived the winter and apparently grows successfully with rocks instead of soil. Joe set up the new shed we got for free off of CL (high five Mike). I am very proud of my little basil plant that I nurtured from just a little seed and I hope to eat it with some tomatoes and mozzarella very soon! I planted two topsy turvy tomato plants for the first time, but was very disappointed to learn that I will not be seeing any tomatoes until September. I am a tomato addict and I need my summer fix NOW!

Beach: we went to OC for a few days with family. Joe and Kev were able to come for the weekend and Steph and I stayed till Tuesday. It was a really fun weekend.. thanks Mom and Dad! Mom and I walked 3.5 miles every morning and I completed my 20 miles by the end of June goal super early! On one of our walks, I ran into The Kite Loft to grab a small little cheapo kite to fly just for fun. After sunset is my favorite time on the beach and I thought it would a cool thing to do on the last night. There was a super cute butterfly kite for $16 that I was eyeing up and then Mom found a $50 trick kite that she convinced me I absolutely needed. She said she would split it with me, but I was the only one with any money!!! She must have learned that trick from me as a teenager. Anyway, the kite ended up being super awesome and everyone mastered the loops but Mom. She has many talents, but kitecaptaining is not one of them.




Father's Day: We had both of our families over for lunch today to celebrate our Dads. It's always been easy to host both of our families together for holidays and dinners, which we probably take for granted. It's been 12 years if you can believe it since that first time the Iskows came over to take pics of me and Joe on Prom Night and met my family for the first time. In honor of this special day, we thought we would let our Dads battle it out to fix the bathroom light that stopped working this week and the hot tub which wasn't cycling correctly. All kidding aside, I don't know what we would do without our Dads. They know so much about EVERYTHING in our house, cars, and yards. I couldn't even begin to make a list of all the projects they have graciously helped us with over the years and multiple houses:) Thank you Dads and we were happy to celebrate you today!!

1 comments:

Steph said...

FOR THE RECORD: I was sick all weekend at the beach and this is why I look like a disaster in this cute family photo. As you can see Jamie had no issues posting the picture to her website since she looks super cute!

Post a Comment