Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy July 3rd?!

We love the July 4th holiday! We got to host our 3rd annual Independence Day Pool Partaay on Saturday. It was great weather and perfect for hanging out outside all day. Thanks to all our friends who brought food, extra beer, and came to party all day and all night long! Thanks to a money back rebate due to a broken hot tub from Crunk at the Creek, we even got to enjoy a bushel of FREE crabs!! And the biggest news of the day by far was that Bryan and Holly are pregnant and will be welcoming Baby Dorsey in January! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait to meet your little one... and we can extend our party invite to babies next year!

The goodies! Cupcakes, deviled eggs, pasta salad, veggies, caprese and broccoli salad with hamburgers, turkey burgers and hot dogs.

I wanted a good shot of our backyard since we (and by we, I mean family and friends who earn their pool dues!) have worked really hard over the last 3 summers to get it into shape. We built the lower deck on the right where the ladies are sunbathing and tore up a thousand million little rocks to plant the grass and make the backyard walkable in bare feet.

Let's not forget that it's World Cup time! So we had to provide outdoor TV entertainment in order to keep the guys outside and off the couch. It was really funny because at one point every single guy was jammed onto the lower deck to see the game:) Also, you can see our basketball hoop decorated in honor of our Sugar, Water, Purple kickball team.

In order from left to right: Aaron, Hot Tub, Pete, Steve, Keg, Mark, Mike.

Lindsey, Misty, Anila, Angel, and Hollymom! I always call Holly "Hollybob" when cheering for her at kickball so now I will call her "Hollymom".

The Head and The Scrunchface.

Not sure who is winning here, but at one point I did see a ping pong game occurring with flip flops instead of paddles.


(Sigh)I love this man in the middle. And I now believe him when he told me he took ballet in middle school.

That's right... I have red hair! I forgot to mention that Steph did my hur a few weeks ago and I have been really happy with it! She's gonna give me such amazing free haircolor and cuts for the rest of my life. And my children's children hair. I can't believe I reacted so badly when she first told me about this hair school decision. It's the best thing to ever happen to me besides basil.

Party people still going strong! In fact, Joe and I were the first ones to crash I think.

Steve(Hank) brought some lighted festivities for us to very legally celebrate the USA!

Is it legal to set them off from the roof of your house?! Pretty cool picture though and Steve in the background is enough to make a blogger pee herself a little.
Cheese.

Celebrating the news with Hollymom!


































1 comments:

Beck said...

Love you as a redhead and your backyard looks amazing. Nice work!

Post a Comment