I wanted to share a few of my favorite things (yes, I did pretend I was Julie Andrews for just a second and sang that entire line out loud as I typed it). First, the TV show
WipeOut. I will be the first to say that this show is a tremendous waste of money, food, water and foam. But, with the way life is going for most of us right now, having a completely inane, mindless show that makes me laugh so hard is so appreciated. I never want to actually sit down and watch it, but when we flip through the channels, we always end up leaving it on and loving every stupid second. The general idea is to get these crazy outgoing contestants to run through ridiculous obstacle courses where they get
covered in goo, water, paint, food, stuffed animals. They fall off gigantic rubber balls, get whacked with giant foam wheels and paddles, and the best part is that they reshow the best falls in
slo mo over and over again. They also have this device called "The Motivator" that "gently" encourages timid contestants to move on to the next obstacle. It's really just a giant whack on the ass by a 15 foot
swinging arm that no one ever seems to know is coming. Anyway, I love this show and the winner gets 50,000. Are you thinking "
ok, Jamie you sound a little crazy and why are you telling us all this about a show you never want to watch but do??" Because I applied to be a contestant!!!! I will never get a call to audition, because let's face it, I am not that interesting. But it was a goal I didn't know I had... apply for a reality show!
Ok next up... Eclipse. Emily,
Steph and I went to see it last night. And I did wear my "I heart werewolves" shirt. But I was wearing the wrong shirt. I am now and will forever be Team Edward. And yes, I am turning 30 this year. Shut it. But, my main point here is the soundtrack. The New Moon soundtrack was really good and even though Joe turns his nose up at all things vampire, he did actually like it a lot. And Joe knows music. So it must be good. The Eclipse soundtrack was another big hit. I loved "Let's Get Lost" by Beck & Bat for Lashes. So check out both of those albums for a
fangin good time!
An awesome website for you to check out in your spare time...
www.awkwardfamilyphotos.comOne of our favorite websites currently. My mom is going through all of our old family pictures and I am really hoping I can find something worthwhile to contribute to this hilarious site. It will definitely involve my little sister and her "Stephen" haircut. Here's a little nibble of what you could experience should you click on this link.
These are for real pictures that people submitted of their families. The baby on the right was duct taped to the window.

Why don't you just make 10, 11? But this one goes to 11.
Always smile to 11.

Meet Chip. He likes long walks on the beach,
hoagies and thrusting his hips.
0 comments:
Post a Comment