Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

I'm Not Bashful...I'm From Nashville!

I am so late getting this blog out but late is better than never, right? Mid June I went to Nashville for my annual Belmont girls reunion weekend. It's been nine years since we graduated and we have taken at least one trip per year sometimes more depending on if there has been a wedding to attend. Click here to see a post about last years Kentucky Derby trip plus all the group pics from our previous trips.

Here is where we had lunch on Saturday, which was a really unique. It was an old house that they converted into a restaurant. So all the guests sat in different"rooms" of the house. And the best part? Lunch was served with a chocolate covered strawberry on each plate!

Katie, me, Kelly and Linds

Erin and Amanda


I got to spend the day with the Burtner clan when I first arrived. It was so fun to get to spend time with Candice's kids and just have the afternoon to play with them. It was also nice to have a couple of hours to observe a pro Momma at work! This is Grace Alexandria... or as her big sister says "Baby Gace" which I think is pretty catchy.
Max playing the rainReese wanting her picture taken too!Another new one to the bunch, Lindsay's son Soren. This was our first time meeting Soren and I can't believe how much he is a little Lindsay. Just look at those blond curls and big blue eyes! He is such a good baby and was happy to hang out with us boring old people who just sat around and talked and laughed about silly old people things! This picure makes me laugh because I it looks like he thinking of his next meal or something.. "hmmm... Mom I think I will have mashed bananas this afteroon."
We went to a place called "Sips and Strokes" where you spend two hours following an instructor who guides you to paint a generic version of the same painting that everyone else in the class is painting beautiful masterpiece. You can bring along your own favorite cocktail and it makes for a pretty fun evening! Even if you can't partake in the cocktail part!
Getting my color palette ready! Brings back memories of my Belmont art days.
The start of our masterpieces.
My final creation. "Funky Tree".


1 comments:

K. said...

so cool! i want to go to something like that! pretty good paintings! going up in the baby's room?

Post a Comment