Dear Olivia,
Today you are three months old! This month has been so exciting to watch you start to do new things. You are constantly trying to shove both little fists into your mouth at the same time. I don't think we will ever have to teach you the meaning of perseverance based on your round the clock attempts to achieve this feat. You smile at every new face you see and when you get really excited you kick your legs furiously in the air. No blanket stands a chance at staying on you. You are holding your head up so well now and you even try to do mini crunches to sit up straight if we lie you down. You are grabbing at Mom's hair and Dad's necklace, which is downright painful but still cute! You rolled over at 11 weeks old and even though you did it over and over again that day, you have only decided to perform that trick for Mommy. Daddy still hasn't seen you do it!
This month, Mommy went back to work. Yeah, you said it.. work is the worst. It was horrible leaving you that first night. But you have been doing much better than your Mommy since you are home safe and sound with Daddy. He has been taking care if you a lot this week since I had to work the last 5 out of 7 nights... it was a shock to both our systems! I have been told that you listened to music, watched basketball games and learned how to make chicken noodle soup together. Grandpa Jim watched you once this week while Mommy slept and you were so good for him. He was mad when I left and took you home with me in the afternoon!
Even though you haven't slept through the whole night yet, you are managing to sleep for 4-5 hours at the beginning of the night. You love to stay up late because you rarely fall asleep before 10pm.
The daily stresses of life sometimes seem so overwhelming at times. Your Dad is working so hard to take care of both of us so that you can stay home with me during the day and not go to daycare. This week we weren't sure if we were going to survive it. I think we both cried a little when I got called in for an extra shift. But your happiness is the most important to us Olivia. And thankfully you are happy and content almost all of the time. And when we see your face light up just because we have made a silly sound or a silly face at you, all of the stress from the day just disappears. Holding you while you sleep is now my favorite thing to do. I get to smell you, rock you and whisper to you while you dream. My arms ache for you when I am not with you and are the sweetest little girl a Mommy and Daddy could ask for.
Thanks to Holly, Becky and Misty for all of her wardrobe choices for this month's photo shoot!
I love this one because she is playing with her tutu!

3 comments:
she is so adorable! love those funny faces and smiles!
Pure cutness! I love the one where she is playing with her tutu. Oh Jamie, you are in trouble!
yes, cuteness I mean*
Post a Comment