Dear Olivia,
You are 5 month old today! And what a big girl you are getting to be! I can see how people say that this time passes so quickly and to savor it. It seems like we just brought you home from the hospital yesterday. And sometimes when my stomach growls I still catch myself thinking it is you inside me kicking away.
Your Nana is always saying what a happy baby you are. You are always smiling and laughing at new faces and your new fun trick is to blow razzberries at us. There's lots of drool involved in that trick! We gave you your first taste of rice cereal this month and you have had it every night for about a week so far. Every time you take the first bite you make a face like we have served you rotten eggs and then after the first bite you are happy to eat the whole bowl and sometimes will eat two! We will start some fruits and veggies very soon.
We started putting you to bed and letting you cry for awhile instead of running to your rescue each time. The first night you cried for 50 mins and every night seems to get better. You are so tired but you fight sleep with every ounce of your strength, much like your Daddy. That is certainly not a Critchfield trait. You go to bed around 8:30 and sleep until 1 or 2 am when you wake up to nurse. Then you sleep until 6:00am and I bring you into bed with us and let you nurse again and you usually sleep with me until 8:00. Those two hours are so sweet with you curled up next to me. This morning you laughed in your sleep, a good three chuckles so whatever it was must have been pretty funny. We both woke up on Saturday morning on our backs with our arms up above our heads. I wish I had been able to get a picture.
I want to remember everything single thing about this time with you sweet girl. I feel like I know you more with every day we have together but I can't wait to find out what makes you laugh and what your favorite food is and what your voice will sound like when you say your first word. Olivia, you are such a fun baby and a joy to take care of every day. Even when you are a crankypants or poop in a freshly changed diaper or spit up all over my new outfit!
We love you so much,
Mommy and Daddy

1 comments:
I love this and know exactly what you mean. :) She is so adorable it hurts. Keep up the good work Mommy, you're obviously doing a great job!!! I loved sleeping in with Reed like that too, the best.
Post a Comment