Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

She's 6 Months!

Dear Olivia,

Happy 6 Months Livy Lake! Has it really been half a year that you have been here?? I know I say something to this effect every month, but it really is amazing how fast the time goes. 

This big thing this past month was SOLID FOODS!! Yum yum! The first food you tried was peas. I know. Gross. Why didn't your Mommy let you try yummy peaches or bananas first?? I think I shocked you with how different real food is from the milk you have become accustomed to. But then you moved on to sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, bananas, peaches, pears, oatmeal and rice cereal,. And so far you love all of them! 

The same week you turned 6 months, you started cutting your first tooth on the bottom. I had off several nights in a row from work and then you waited until I went back to work and it came in when Daddy had you all on his own. You cried for a long time and he had to put you in the car to drive around the neighborhood at 4 in the morning. But it only lasted one night and then it was all over and now you have a little tooth on it's way in! You spend all day rubbing your tongue over the new stranger that has invaded your smooth gum line. Yup, it's there to stay! 

You are a rolling machine now. You can go from one end of the room to the other, usually in search of a favorite toy. I walked away for 5 seconds to grab something today and I turned around and tried to save you but it was too late... you whacked your head on the entertainment center. I had no idea you could move as fast as you did. But now I know and I am so sorry. And hopefully social services doesn't tune in to this blog. 

Bedtime is much easier now. You are almost always down around 8pm and wake up between 3 and 4am and then will nurse and go back to sleep until 7. What a huge thing that is for your Mommy. I wasn't sure how long you were going to get me up 3 to 4 times a night. 

Your Aunt Steph and Uncle Kevin got married this month and you went to stay with Mommy's friend from work, Miss Erin. You were such a good girl for her and you loved playing with her son, Tag. He wanted to keep you as his little sister but I insisted that you come home! 

We went to the beach for a few days with family after the wedding and you got to see the ocean for the first time. I know you won't remember it, but I was so excited to show it to you. You dug your little toes right in to the sand and had a ball kicking it and rubbing it on your feet. I resisted putting your toes in the water since it was so cold, so we still have to do that this summer! 

You weigh 16lbs this week and the doctor said you are doing very well! Your weight slowed down but she said you are probably burning lots of calories with how much you are moving and even because of how much you drool. You probably go through 8 bibs a day with how much drool comes out of you! 

I love you so much sweet girl. You are a happy giggly baby and I love watching you take in the world around you. All of the sudden you are aware of all the amazing things around you that would surely taste good if put in your mouth!

You are Always Loved, 
Mommy and Daddy









2 comments:

Jess said...

I love that picture of the three of your foot prints.

Holly said...

Way too much! She is such a cute, happy baby! The one of you and her is a framer, so precious!

Post a Comment