Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Fells Point/Ellicott City


In March, we went to Su Casa to pick out our new couch.  Here are some of our pics from the day...

He we are choosing our fabric and accent pillows.  Olivia didn't have much input other than whether the ones we liked tasted good or not.


Theis is a view of the Fells Point location. It's just a few doors down from this building and I thought this was an easy landmark for you to find it if you end up visiting.  If it wasn't clear, Su Casa is on BOND STREET!!



We were testing out our Moby wrap that day...

We ended up at the Ellicott City location as well.  Jessica was extremely helpful once we got there. She patiently waited while I agonized over colors and textures.  I asked her permission if I could take her pic and post it on the blog.  She said no, so then we tied her hands together, shoved her behind the counter and forced her to smile. I told her that I was going to give her a fake moustache in photoshop if she didn't straighten up.  

The store is so cool.  They have tons of unique home decor items.  If you like modern with a touch of vintage, this is the place for you.  

I was shocked at how many swatches they had for fabric selection.  I mean, seriously, how do you ever decide? It's a good problem to have though I guess!

The sectional we chose is made by Rowe Furniture. I went to their website just out of curiosity and found this...
"Some of the best moments in life are spent on the sofa.  Relaxing, reflecting, and yes, dozing. You can sit on any sofa. The perfect one cradles you.  From contemporary or traditional, full size or you-size, curl ups or formal, Rowe can create for you a reflection of you. A personal harbor that doesn’t just capture your eye but also captures how you want this sofa to be a part of your life. The uses for the perfect sofa are virtually limitless. The choices for creating the perfect one should be as well."

If I could write like that, I would win this couch hands down! I know it's a little cheesy but I feel like it's so true. Joe and I have spent a long time hoping for some way to afford a new couch, especially now that we have Olivia. It becomes the focal point of your family room and I know that I remember the sofa set that I grew up with and am somewhat nostalgic when I see something that reminds me of it. We had pillow fights, wrestling matches and plenty of family games and talks on those couches. So hopefully this sectional will help Olivia have sweet memories of her childhood too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this place only in MD? I would love to visit if they have a showroom in San Fran area! Stuff looks really interesting!

Anonymous said...

cool looking store. love the old building it is in. love the color choices of the fabric!

Anonymous said...

Okay...so you were right. I'm about to pee my pants reading this blog. You guys are hilarious! Oh and why don't I have a Su Casa in Nashville?? The Avens are in need of a new couch too. Not only is ours covered in pet hair, pet drool, pet urine, the list goes on...But, the handle on Justin's recliner broke not long after we bought it. I'm not one to brag but my husband is like only the most handy person in the world and fixed his recliner! Seriously, though, I think it's awesome that Su Casa is sponsoring this contest, that you guys are part of this contest, and I know you are going to WIN THAT COUCH!! P.S. Su Casa - if you're reading this - our names are Justin and Amanda Aven and we live in Hendersonville, TN. Our couch is 9 years old and from one of those cheap furniture stores. Not a beautiful shining place of awesomeness like Su Casa. :)

Sheila said...

I can' t believe the fabric swatch options they have. Su Casa, you are amazing. If you were here in England, I would LIVE in your store!!!

Post a Comment