Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Caramel Bars

My friend from work makes the most delicious Cookie caramel dessert bars. It's probably the most requested dessert treat for work parties and potluck dinners. I made them for the first time this past weekend for friends and they seemed to be a big hit! So yummy and so easy! I thought I would post the recipe for others to try and also I figured my friend Katie from Just Roll With It, who has a love/hate relationship with sugar might one day need these cookie bars!

Combine:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) of melted Butter

Reserve half of this mixture. Lightly PRESS remaining 1/2 of mixture into a 13 X 9 pan (sprayed w/Pam) and bake for 15 mins. at 350* (should be lightly browned) Remove from oven. Sprinkle with approximately 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips (just enough to cover) Combine 12 oz. jar of caramel ice cream topping with 1/3 cup of flour and then drizzle over chocolate chips. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Do not press down! Bake for 20-25 mins. or until lightly browned. Let them sit and cool awhile before cutting.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy!! Thanks for "tagging" my blog :) I do have a love/hate relationship with sugar...I just can't seem to stop eating it once I start, lol. Brown sugar doesn't count though, haha...I definitely want to try to make these sometime!!

Steph said...

sooooo worth every calorie! :)

Post a Comment