Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mindgrapeisms

I have been so bad at blogging in the past few weeks. I think there is just so much going on and so little time to talk about it. I get behind on posting and then I find myself sitting on the couch after a long day of work and I just don't have the energy or heart to write about what's going on because all I want to do is finish my glass of wine and go to bed!

New Years came and went! We rung in 2011 in Hampden where we have friends that have a rowhouse within walking distance of several small bars. We have spent countless New Years Eve's at house gatherings because I am so against being on the roads on that night. But we took cabs and spent the night at a hotel. We had a lot of fun and there was certainly regrettable late night food decisions, hotel lobby massage chairs, silly hats, silly gloves, and good times with old and new friends.

I have a bunch of New Years resolution ideas floating about my mindgrapes. But I have yet to decide which ones I actually want to resolve. Here are some of my hopes:

  • Brush my teeth before bed every night. I am so bad at this.
  • Drink less light beer. This may sound weird. But I would rather have a glass of wine, a tasty liquor drink, or a delicious flavorful beer rather than filling myself with crummy light beer. *The summer months may be hard because nothing is better than a cold crisp Bud Light while you are mowing the lawn!
  • Be less selfish. I am admittedly selfish and have been this way for most of my 20's. I am not proud of this fact, but honest enough to realize the truth. 2 years ago I had one resolution and it was to "Give More". And then last year's resolution was to "Give Even More You Slacker!" I think I succeeded in some aspects, but not much as I knew I should have.
  • Have lunch/dinner with someone once a month that I don't usually get to do that with. If you would like to make a dinner date... call me!
  • Make more money. I need to take advantage of overtime opportunities and other ways to increase my income. I can wipe anything but an old man butt.
  • Learn more at work. I spent 5 years learning the clinical aspect of Labor and Delivery. I will never ever ever say that I know it all because I never ever will. But now that I know the skills, I want to know more about the pathophysiology of how things and why things happen.
  • Eat better. I know, I know. Everyone says this. But my goal this year isn't to necessarily lose weight or exercise more. I mean, that would be ideal, but I want to focus on giving my body the actual fuel it needs to be its best. I have spent the last two weeks eating more protein, more fruits and vegetables more frequently throughout the day. It's really hard to do at work though. For instance, I packed an amazing bag of food for work today (almonds, yogurt, turkey sandwiches, vegetables, fruits) and all I was able to eat was the yogurt, a cup of coffee and once slice of pizza while walking. This was all I consumed in 15 hours! uhhh. So much for increasing my metabolism.
  • Get a Dog!! This is going to happen really soon too! We are looking for a sweet, cute, adorable, killer guard dog!
We have a follow up eye appointment tomorrow morning when hopefully Joe will be able to fitted with a new prescription for his glasses. We are about 1 month post his procedure. He is still having some pain and has funny blinking fits, but overall there isn't much change or improvement in vision yet. The Doctor made us chant 3 times in row that "this is a marathon, not a sprint!", so we are trying to remember that. And forget it to some extent, because that was really corny and embarrassing to have to do. :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

I want a lunch/dinner date! :-)

K. said...

Dinner date!
Love that you have as many new years resolutions as I do, glad I'm not the only one. And yes, I also need to try to brush my teeth before bed...I usually remember once I lay down, and by that time, I am not getting up...haha
And I tould DEF. rather have a tasty dark beer than a ton of light beer, however I know what you mean about summer time...ahhh
Poor Joe, hope things clear up soon! (pun intended). Wow, blinking fits do not sound fun...

Post a Comment