As exciting as this is for us, it's also super scary and happened a lot faster than we anticipated. Which I realize is a huge blessing and we are so thankful that everything has gone very smoothly so far. I think we walked around in a state of shock for a few weeks just because it happened so quickly. We both thought we would have more time to adjust to the notion of it happening. But God saw fit for it to happen in His time and His way and now we are eagerly anticipating getting to meet this new life! And telling people has made it a lot more real!
I am 14 weeks tomorrow, which puts my due date at November 17th which is exactly one week before Thanksgiving. Our 8th anniversary is Nov. 14th so that will be a busy week for us!
I am hoping that this blog will be an easy way of documenting things over the next few months. I know you all might not want to know all the details, but one day I might be able to print this into a blog book and have some memories of this time.
I am hoping that this blog will be an easy way of documenting things over the next few months. I know you all might not want to know all the details, but one day I might be able to print this into a blog book and have some memories of this time.
Here is the page my doctor got while we were working together in the OR. I don't know why I did this or why I remember it so clearly, but I looked up at the clock right when he showed it to me and it was exactly 12:00.
I haven't had much nausea at all so far. For about 5 weeks I would get a little queasy if I was hungry and as soon as I ate it would go away. I wasn't overly tired either. Some days were harder than others especially at work, but I have had those days prepregnancy too! I have only actually thrown up once and it happened this week of all times when I am supposed to be past the 1st trimester sickness. Thank goodness I had some clean puppy poo bags in the car or else there would have been some grossed out people in the Hospital parking lot.
We told our parents at 8 weeks and showed them some pictures from our San Fransisco trip (which I am now realizing I haven't blogged about yet) and then put the picture of the above pager in as the last pic they saw. It was a lot of fun to tell them!
Here is a picture from our 9 week sonogram...a little fuzzy since I took the picture with my cell phone but you can see a head and little hand like he/she is saluting us! I had my second appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time with a doppler.. 140bpm and music to my ears! I still don't have a belly really and with the lack of pregnancy symptoms it's easy to forget that I am pregnant. Plus I still feel like I am duping people or something since I don't feel any different. But I am assured there is a baby in there!
9 weeks
9 weeks



5 comments:
Hurry up and grow baby! Aunt Steph is anxiously waiting!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHH, chills the entire time I'm reading this! I was waiting for the this post!!! I can't wait to read all the details along the way! When you're 9 months pregnant you'll look back and think " when did I ever not feel pregnant?" I'm so happy for you guys!! Can't wait for Reed and Baby Iskow to grow up together! XOXOXOXO
YAY!! Congrats! Looking forward to more puppy and pregnancy blogs!
LOVE the baby ticker!
I am so sorry I am so late on this news! I am so happy for you and Joe! Can't wait to see you - and get our kiddos together - we HAVE TO DO THIS! Maybe this Christmas will be a perfect time then?!?! LOVE YOU and am sure you are just glowing and gorgeous already! xoxo
Post a Comment