Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Friendship Farm Friends

We took our second annual trip out to Friendship Tree Farm to cut down our Christmas tree this year. Last year was a totally spontaneous trip with Mike and Emily. We didn't have anything to do one Saturday and I think we wrote down a bunch of things we could do that day and took a vote. We ended up out at this farm purely based on a google search. We found a small Mom and Pop coffee shop on the way and had a really nice day drinking lattes and cutting down our tree.

This year had to be planned a little more meticulously since we had a 3 week old along for the trip. The bummer of the day was that the coffee shop went out of business. I was so looking forward to something warm and delicious to drink after so many months of being coffee free. I just wanted to splurge for ONE day! The weather was nice but Olivia wanted nothing to do with her car seat and stroller so I had to carry her around the farm in my arms. I was so afraid of tripping with her. We picked a tree out quickly and then Olivia and I had to head back to the car to nurse. The trip was successful in that we got a tree but I was so preoccupied with Livy, I didn't really look around the farm very much and I certainly didn't get to visit with Mike and Emily and Steph and Kevin. But it was a small victory to get out of the house with her and keeping with a tradition that I hope to continue.

So here's the story behind the picture. Steph and I both brought our cameras but both left our memory cards at home in the computer. We cut down our tree and I then remembered that Steph could take a pic with her phone. So we found a random tree to stand in front of to make it look like we took a nice family photo in front of our selected tree. I might not have much of a brain right now, but my daughter is happy and healthy. The brain function will hopefully return soon. :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment