Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Four Months

Dear Olivia,

Today you turned into a big four month old! In honor of your first St. Patrick's Day, we dressed you in green....and you are super kissable even though you aren't Irish!

This month you all of the sudden seem like a real baby to me. You have delicious leg rolls and are always kicking at whatever your feet can touch. You have pudgy little hands that love to grasp whatever is in front of you. Your favorite thing being my hair which is incredibly painful and now I suddenly realize why Moms get the short Mom hair-do. You can support your head fully and if we lie you down, you immediately start doing baby crunches to try and sit up. You no longer have any interest in Mr. Ceiling Fan... you are aware of the big world outside of our white ceiling in the family room and don't want to miss any of it. You have finally stopped spitting up so much but I can't put away the bibs just yet because the drool fest has begun! You found your toes this month and your favorite thing to do while having your diaper changed is to check to make sure they are still there. You laugh if we coax it out of you and every once in awhile you give us a good babble story, but overall you are still pretty quiet.

We moved you to your own room the week after I went back to work and you are starting to get the hang of sleeping on your own. We swaddle you up tight, have some milkies, give you the paci and off you go to sleep. You wake around 2 or 3 am for a little snack and then usually sleep until 7 or 8am. This is a HUGE accomplishment and your Mommy could not be more proud of you for sleeping almost the whole night through.

You spent the night at Grandpa and Nana's house and had so much fun with them. In fact, that is the first time you slept with only one wake up at night. Clearly they have more experience getting babies to sleep than we do!

You are becoming more and more fun as you notice more things and react to our silly songs and voices.

Olivia, I love you every day and I love being your Mom. You are the sweetest baby and I can't wait to do more things with you now that the weather is getting nicer!

Love, Mommy








2 comments:

Erin said...

Dying, I am!!!! Not sure why I came out sounding like Yoda, but sure enough I am!!!!!! Obsessed with these pictures, she seems too old! I love you Olivia!!! And everyday we get closer to out special big day together!!!

Holly said...

Wow, she adores that flower, too cute!

Post a Comment